The Cours Mirabeau
Built from 1649 on the site of the south rampart of the city by decision of the Parliament of Aix, its development follows plans for expansion of the city, wanted by the Archbishop of Aix Michel Mazarin, and the will of bourgeois owners who demand a ride for coaches and pedestrians. Simply baptized at its creation "Le Cours", it is renamed "Cours Mirabeau" in 1876, following the authorization by decree granted by Count Mac-Mahon, President of the Republic, in honor of Honoré-Gabriel Riquetti de Mirabeau, elected representative of Aix in the third state in 1789. The historian Aix Ambroise Roux-Alphéran indicates that "it addresses fourteen places or streets" and that "its area is 18 000 m2, [we could to reunite the whole population of the city, the suburbs and the territory. 440 meters long and 42 meters wide, the Cours Mirabeau, which was requalified in 2002 following major renovations, is today one of the most popular and lively places in Aix-en-Provence.
The main taxi station of Aix en Provence up to 15 vehicles at your service, the heart of Aix en Provence just 20 minutes from the TGV station of Aix en Provence.